Being a successful angel investor requires a lot of work and commitment. At Florida Funders, our goal is to make it easier for people and increase their chances of finding the right opportunities for them. Being in this arena for over 25 years, we’ve learned valuable lessons on how to maximize the probability of great returns, and we’ve compiled these best practices into what we call “The 5 Ds of Angel Investing.”
In this episode, Tom Wallace talks in detail about these five important elements that every investor should pay attention to and rigorously follow whenever the opportunity to invest comes their way.
Tune in, and learn more about the 5 Ds of Angel Investing, and how Florida Funders can help both investors and founders to reach higher grounds in their ventures.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The 5 Ds of Angel Investing and why they are crucial for a successful angel investor. (00:45)
- The importance of being selective about the companies you’re investing in (01:45)
- The two parts of the due diligence process required for a great investment. (02:46)
- The role played by domain expertise in having successful investments. (08:32)
- The reason we encourage our investors to build a diversified portfolio. (09:52)
- Why discipline plays a crucial part in angel investing. (11:14)
- Why Florida Funders is making angel investing easy. (12:46)
Connect with Tom Wallace: