The Florida Funders’ Director of Marketing will support all elements of both investor and founder marketing for Florida Funders. As the most active investor in the South East, our marketing challenges are slightly different than other companies: we market and communicate with high-net-worth individuals, sharing with them how and why investing with Florida Funders is a good investment strategy. Furthermore, we market to our active angel network of some 1500 accredited investors whenever we have new investment opportunities.
We do this primarily across digital channels including but not limited to email, social, and paid direct-response marketing. As the Director of Marketing, you will support content creation and campaign management across the digital marketing mix. You should have familiarity with the modern digital marketing stack, Hubspot, and paid and organic social. We’re also looking for someone with excellent verbal communication skills.
This position reports to the VP of Investor Relations of Florida Funders.
About Florida Funders:
Florida Funders is a hybrid of a venture capital fund and an angel investor network that discovers, funds, and builds early-stage technology companies in Florida and beyond. In order for Florida to evolve from the Sunshine State to the Startup State, we ensure there is as little friction as possible in the ecosystem, that investors have access to meaningful deal flow, and entrepreneurs have access to a wide range of accredited investors, capital, and experience. Florida Funders educates our community of investors, provides transparency during the funding process, fosters communication across the ecosystem, and empowers the strategic relationships that drive investments. Our team is composed of serial entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and experienced angel investors singularly focused on uncovering Florida’s next breakout technology companies. To learn more, visit www.floridafunders.com
- Work with the Investor Relations team to double the number of active FF investors in 2021
- Work with the deal flow team to support founder marketing efforts that drive more funding applications.
- Assist with design and Implementation of FF Marketing Strategy both digital and traditional
- Support event set up and follow up. Set up event logistics such as promotion, invitation, registration, food, location, speakers, etc. Will also attend meetings/events to coordinate, assist, and support wherever necessary.
- Manage data entry and optimization in Hubspot.
- Support all digital advertising, email, other digital efforts, PR, events, and develop reports to measure effectiveness. Suggest and implement strategies to improve results.
- Company Communication to investors, partners, sponsors, event logistics staff, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Located in Florida or willing to relocate to Florida
- Preferred Experience: Digital Marketing, Content Creation, Online advertising experience, content writing, Public Relations
- Proven track record of successful marketing and lead generation
- A self-driven individual that does not need to be actively managed
- Technology Uses: HubSpot, Facebook Advertising, Google Advertising, LinkedIn Advertising, Google Analytics, WordPress
- Highly organized exhibiting the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters simultaneously
- Previous marketing or PR agency experience and in house experience with a technology company or startup
- Comfortable working with early-stage technology companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong professional relationships
- Ability to interface with professionals at all levels
- Excels in an entrepreneurial environment
- Self-Starter with the ability to operate independently and exercise initiative using solid judgment and decision-making skills
- Proficient in HubSpot
- High sense of accountability, open to feedback, comfortable offering new ideas
- Connections to the Florida startup community a strong plus
Status: Full Time
Location: Tampa or Miami, FL
Education: a 4-year college degree
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
Benefits: health, dental, vision, paid time off
Travel: Periodic in-state travel as necessary
To apply: please email email@example.com and put “Director of Marketing” in the subject line, a copy of your CV, and why you’re an ideal candidate for this role.
More about Florida Funders:
Florida Funders is a dynamic team of serial entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and experienced angel investors singularly focused on uncovering Florida’s next breakout technology companies. At our core, we’re a team of builders and we run Florida Funders like any startup we’ve ever created before. Half of our business operates like a traditional venture capital fund, while the other half is pushing the bounds of what is possible with crowdfunding. Between our partners and our staff, we’ve built some of the most successful technology companies in Florida and beyond, and we’re now working to build the most successful VC firm and angel network outside of Silicon Valley.
Fundamentally, our mission today is to help up-and-coming entrepreneurs build world-changing companies by providing mentorship and capital.
Each team member is core to the goals and objectives of our business. We’re a collaborative group, and you’ll be regularly interacting with all levels of the organization, providing insights, ideas, opinions, and expertise to accelerate your impact. Join us and be part of a team working to take Florida from being known as the Sunshine State to the Startup State.