We partner with

innovative founders

Tell us about your venture


What's our investment process like?

Application Submission

Initial Review


Due Diligence

Investment Committee

Term Sheet

What our founders say about us

"The deep experience and sincerely motivated team at Florida Funders can only help any company that is lucky enough to work with them."


"We're grateful to be in business with Florida Funders and would work with them 10X over if given the opportunity."



Have a question? We have the answer

Key Factors Include
  • Strong founders that are passionate & coachable

  • Tech or tech-enabled ventures

  • A highly scalable business model

  • Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and/or a launched product with established customer base

  • High revenue growth potential and operating in a large market

  • Unique solution with intellectual property and/or a disruptive Approach

Structured Vetting Process
  • Application Submission

  • Initial Review 

    • Pitch deck and initial application reviewed. If deemed a potential fit, a 30-minute introductory call with the deal team will be held to include your Company’s intro Pitch & Q&A.

  • Mini Committee 

    • Presentation to CIO, Partner, and the deal team. Conduct financial & competitive analysis, tech review, customer calls, and subject matter experts are engaged.

  • Due Diligence 

    • Documents requested & primary diligence conducted. In-person meeting with Partner at Company offices.

  • Investment Committee 

    • In-person presentation to Investment Committee.

  • Term Sheet 

    • Non-binding term sheet is drafted and agreed to by both parties. Any remaining due diligence is conducted.

Company Stage

We invest in early-stage companies raising rounds between Pre-Seed up to Series A. 

Investment Structure and Size

Currently, Florida Funders is investing out of our 2nd investment fund. Our average check size is $500K to $1M.

Post Investment Involvement

We view our portfolio companies as partners which is why we offer a variety of value-added resources to help them grow their business.

Fundraising Accessibility

  • Through our Investor Portal, we offer founders the opportunity to raise capital from nearly 2000 accredited investors without the need to pitch hundreds of times... and with only 1 line item on your cap table.

Operating Partner Program

  • Our VP of Platform and Community, Maria Derchi Russo, leads efforts with our Operating Partners. She performs a collaborative business assessment with FF’s partners and operating partners by taking a deep dive into systems, HR, accounting, sales, marketing, and more.

Future Fundraising Support

  • We reserve capital for follow-on investments in select portfolio companies demonstrating successful growth & operational metrics.

Cross Portfolio Company Support

  • We consistently identify opportunities where new and existing portfolio companies, as well as organizations and preferred vendors in our network, can develop business synergies together, learn from past experiences, and assist in each others’ long-term successes.

How does the syndicate work?

When Florida Funders invests in a company on behalf of our angel network, we structure our investment as a Special Purpose Vehicle (or SPV). This structure allows our network of angel investors, funds, and co-investors to invest in the company with only one line item on the company's cap table. This simplifies the number of names and contacts for founders to communicate with while we perform the administration for all investors.

Who is on the investment team, or who should founders be in contact with?

The investment team includes Ryan Whittemore, CIO; Chelsea Oppenheim, Director of Investments; Yasmine Morrison, Investment Associate; and Zach Brodsky, Manager of Institute Investments.

If you have any specific questions, you can contact [email protected] and someone from the team will reach out to you.

Do you have any specific geographic focus?

Florida Funders is based in the state of Florida and we love investing in Florida-based tech companies. But we do invest in more than just Florida. Throughout the years, we have maintained 60% of our portfolio companies headquartered in Florida and the other 40% scattered around the United States.

Do we lead deals?

Yes, we lead, co-lead, and do follow-on investments.

Do we sign NDAs?

During our early evaluation process, we see many deals, often in similar spaces. As a firm policy, we do not sign NDAs, as it is prohibitive to our business and structure. We are not interested in competing with you, nor do we share confidential information. If you are still interested in having Florida Funders take a look, we can keep the initial conversations at a high-level and not dive deep into details.